Building on the success of the popular ESP-Series commercial controllers, Rain Bird is pleased to introduce the new ESP-LXD controller.
The ESP-LXD controller has been designed to maintain the look, feel and ease of programming of the ESP-Series controllers, while offering a 2-wire path for decoder-based irrigation.
The ESP-LXD controller can manage up to 50 stations but can easily be expanded for use with up to 200 stations.
Flow Management is also built in to every ESP-LXD controller.
Easy to Use
The ESP-LXD Controller utilizes the Rain Bird® ESP Extra Simple Programming user interface. The dial, switches, and buttons interface, which Rain Bird first introduced in the 1980s, is easy to learn and use and has become a standard controller interface for the irrigation industry. The large LCD display incorporates softkey text labels for the button functions rather than dedicated buttons.
Easy to Install
The ESP-LXD Controller has a spacious case and eight lugs for up to four two-wire paths (which are all managed as a single two-wire path) making installation fast and easy. Multiple size wiring knockouts are provided on the bottom and back side of the case to adapt to a wide variety of wiring applications. The door and front panel are removable so the case can be easily mounted to the wall.
From Cycle+Soak™ to Contractor Default Program™, the ESP-LXD offers innovative features proven to cut installation expenses, troubleshooting time and water use.
A modular design makes the ESP-LXD the perfect fit for a range of large residential and commercial projects—from the straightforward to the most complex.
The ESP-LXD offers the ability to expand from 50 stations to up to 200 stations. So you can handle sites large or small, while stocking fewer controllers and components.
Built-In Flow Management
FloManager® ensures you don’t overtax your water supply, while Flo-Watch™ quickly identifies and isolates high or low flow situations, such as mainline breaks.
Smart Approved Watermark
Rain Bird’s ESP- LXD controller has received the Smart Approved Watermark. Established in Australia and recognized worldwide, this elite designation identifies products and services that help reduce water use.
Already have a Rain Bird® MDC Two-Wire Decoder? You won’t need to dig up your field decoders. Upgrading to the ESP-LXD is as simple as changing out your MDC controller.
- UV-resistant, outdoor-rated plastic, locking, wall-mount case
- Uses the same decoder hardware as MDC, MDC2 and SiteControl
- Supported decoders: FD-101TURF, FD-102TURF, FD-202TURF, FD-401TURF, FD-601TURF
- Also supports SD-210TURF sensor decoders (flow sensing and weather sensor support) and LSP-1 line surge protectors (one per 500 feet of two-wire path required)
- User-selectable six language support
- 50-station capability standard expandable via SM75 modules to 200 stations
- Four sensor inputs (one wired plus up to three decoder-managed) with override switch
- Programs can be backed up and restored with the optional PBC-LXD
- New barcode scanner-based decoder address input with optional PBC-LXD
Water Management Features
- Cycle+Soak™ by station
- Rain Delay
- Calendar Day Off
- Programmable Delay Between Stations by program
- Master Valve programmable by station
- Sensor programmable by station
- Program & Monthly Seasonal Adjust
- Programming prompts
- Alarm light with external case lens
- Electronic circuit breaker
- Program review
- Variable test program
- Two-wire diagnostics to simplify and expedite troubleshooting
- Station timing: 0 min to 12 hrs
- Program level and global Monthly Seasonal Adjust; 0% to 300% (16 hrs maximum station run time)
- 4 independent programs (ABCD); ABC programs stack, ABCD overlap
- 8 start times per program
- Program Day Cycles include Custom days of the week, Odd, Odd no 31st, Even, and Cyclical dates
- Manual station, program, test program
Certifications: UL, CE, CUL, C-Tick
- LXMM metal wall-mount case
- LXMM-PED metal pedestal
- ETC-LX ET Manager Smart Controller Cartridge
- IQ-NCC Network Communication Cartridge
- ESP-LXD-SM75 75-station module
- PBC-LXD Programming Backup Cartridge
- Input required: 120 VAC ± 10%, 60Hz (International models: 230 VAC ± 10%, 50Hz; Australian Models: 240 VAC ± 10%, 50Hz)
- Power back-up: Lithium coin-cell battery maintains time and date while nonvolatile memory maintains the schedule
- Multi-valve station capacity: up to 2 solenoid valves per station; simultaneous operation of up to eight solenoids and/or master valves
Dimensions (W x H x D): 14.32” x 12.69” x 5.50” (36.4 x 32.2 x 14.0 cm)