Rotary Nozzles provide unsurpassed design flexibility and highly efficient water distribution from 13 to 24 feet.
The newest addition to Rain Bird’s line of water-efficient products, Rotary Nozzles help reduce water waste and make it easier to design systems.
The Rotary Nozzle is a truly remarkable innovation with a low precipitation rate, highly uniform distribution, and increased radius range, all in a nozzle which fits on a Rain Bird spray head.
- Fewer zones, faster installs – System complexity and cost are reduced because more heads can be installed per zone. Rotary Nozzles can also be zoned with Rain Bird 5000/5000 Plus MPR Rotor Nozzles.
- Efficient water distribution – multiple rotating streams deliver close-in watering and even coverage throughout the radius range. The low precipitation rate significantly reduces wasteful run-off and erosion
- Ultimate retrofit solution – low flow rate and an expanded radius of throw solve existing spray zone inefficiencies caused by diminished pressure or stretched spacing.
- Low precipitation rate – 0.60 in/hr (15,2 mm/hr) – reduces run-off and erosion.
- Multiple, rotating streams uniformly distribute water throughout the radius range.
- Matched precipitation rate across radii and pattern simplify the design process.
- Matched precipitation rate with Rain Bird 5000/5000 Plus MPR Rotor Nozzles allow MPR irrigation designs from 13′ to 35′.
- With approximately 60% less flow than conventional spray nozzles, Rotary Nozzles allow more heads per zone, reducing overall system complexity and cost.
- Maintains highly efficient performance throughout the 20-55 psi pressure range, with no misting or fogging at high pressures.
- Stainless steel radius reduction screw allows reduction down to 13′ on the R13-18 and to 17′ on the R17-24 to accommodate varying landscape needs.
- Rain Bird Rotary Nozzles offer color-coded top plugs to help you quickly identify the arc/pattern.
- Color Coded Radius Adjustment Plugs for Easier Identification
- R13-18F : Full circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R13-18H : Half circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R13-18Q : Quarter circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R13-18TQ : 3/4 circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R13-18TT : 2/3 circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R13-18T : 1/3 circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R17-24F : Full circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R17-24H : Half circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R17-24Q : Quarter circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R17-24TQ : 3/4 circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R17-24TT : 2/3 circle pattern rotary nozzle
- R17-24T :1/3 circle pattern rotary nozzle
- Pressure range: 20-55 psi
- Spacing: 13′ to 24′ (based on zero wind conditions)
- The angle of the trajectory shall vary from 1 to 30 degrees.
- The Rotary Nozzle shall have multiple arced streams and have a matched precipitation rate of 0.60 in/hr.
- The Rotary Nozzle shall be constructed of UV-resistant plastic. The radius adjustment screw shall be of stainless steel.
- The Rotary Nozzles shall include a removable .02 x .02 mesh screen to protect the nozzle against clogging.
- The Rotary Nozzle shall have a precipitation rate matched with Rain Bird 5000/5000 Plus MPR Rotor Nozzles.
- The Rotary Nozzle shall be manufactured by Rain Bird Corp., Azusa, California.